major expansion of the Museum of Discovery and Science, the
EcoDiscovery Center, which more
than doubles the Museum’s current exhibit space, offers
more dynamic hands-on explorations.
are five new exhibit areas: Otters at Play, Everglades
Airboat Adventure, Prehistoric
Florida, Florida Water Mysteries and Storm Center.
the Mangurian Foundation Lifelong Learning Center featuring
new learning labs will allow visitors to enjoy hands-on
learning experiences. READ MORE
• Watch the playful antics of North American river otters
• Take a ride on the Everglades Airboat Adventure
• Experience hurricane force winds
• Dig for fossils alongside a giant prehistoric megalodon
• Come face-to-face with a saber-toothed cat
• Walk under a 12-foot-tall Imperial Mammoth
• Discover the natural path of water through Florida
• Learn how you can help protect and conserve the Everglades
• Science will come to life in the new 100-seat Keller Science
Theater with entertaining science presentations and live animal
new permanent exhibit showcases the amazing miracle of the
human body features four zones: Powerful Pulse, Powerful Team,
Powerful You, and The Cutting Edge.
where your waste goes after the garbage truck takes
it away? Climb in our garbage truck and explore with
Harry as he guides
visitors in learning what going green really means.
MINERALS ROCK EXHIBIT
Did you know minerals are the building block of the entire Universe? The iron in
hematite, in spinach and in the hemoglobin in our blood is all the same.
RUNWAYS TO ROCKETS
Discover how scientists study the fascinating mysteries of space in our recently expanded space hall.
LIVING IN THE EVERGLADES
Explore this hands-on interactive exhibit and nature trail that tells the story of the restoration of Florida's Everglades.