The Museum of Discovery and Science will unveil the new exhibit on September 28, 2013 through January 5, 2014 called Dinosaurs in Motion presented locally by PNC Bank. By using 14 magnificent, fully interactive, recycled life-size metal dinosaur sculptures inspired by actual fossils, the exhibit brings to life the principles of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics), providing visitors with an experience that blends science, art and innovation.
Dinosaurs in Motion offers visitors the unique ability to manipulate dinosaurs via lever and pulley systems, as well as with remote controls, offering large-scale dinosaur interaction unprecedented in a museum setting. Individuals of all ages will be able to test out their own artistic creativity and newfound technological inspiration with hands-on activities, such as the Junkyard Workstations, where they can create their own sculptures out of recycled material scraps.
Visitors will have the opportunity to participate in three special dinosaur themed weekends in celebration of the opening of Dinosaurs in Motion.
Additional Information for Public Here
Additional Information for Educators Here
Roar and Snore with a Dinosaur! Family Overnight Adventure
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Pack your sleeping bags and flashlights and be the first to spend the night in the company
of a 44-foot-long T-rex in the Museum’s brand new exhibit Dinosaurs in Motion! Camp-in Times
6:30 p.m. Saturday until 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning
Fee $40 per person includes the following:
• Spending the night at the Museum
• Exploration of the Museum Exhibits and Activities
• Pizza and popcorn
• IMAX Film - Dinosaurs 3D: Giants of Patagonia
• Click Here to view the Overnight Flyer for more information
Advance reservations required! Please call the
Reservations Department at
954-713-0930 or email
DinoMania (Special Activities Weekends for Dinosaurs in Motion Traveling Exhibit)
September 28 & 29, October 12 & 13 and November 9, 10 & 11, 2013
Families can enjoy dinosaur themes activities as an added bonus to the Museum’s exhibit admission:
- Be a Paleontologist for the day and see if you can uncover fossilized bones in the dig pit
- Create your very own dinosaur hatchling out of recycled materials
- Test your dinosaur knowledge in a special memory game or participate in the dinosaur name game in the Keller Science Theater
- Create prehistoric murals based on the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous periods
- Meet the birds from the Bird Lovers Club and learn how these animals are related to dinosaurs
Dinosaurs in Motion is produced by Imagine Exhibitions Inc, the global resource for all things related to exhibitions.